We understand that choosing a security system and a company to install and monitor that system is an important decision. To help make that vital judgment, Washington Alarm is happy to provide you with this tool – a scorecard, if you will – to help you evaluate potential security partners. It’s based on a federally funded security study conducted several years ago. We’ve summarized the results from that study, as well as added some of our own benchmarks based on our 50 years of experience, and crafted this list:
13 Points For The Informed Security Consumer
- At least 10 customer references in your immediate area
- Full disclosure, in advance, of all makes and models of equipment proposed
- A “hands-on” advance trial of how to operate the equipment proposed
- Use of a non-proprietary control panel so you are not locked into one technology
- No signal transmission delays whatsoever
- Only licensed systems technicians should provide service
- A separate zone for each device in the system
- Radio and/or cellular back-up for cut telephone line protection
- Pledge to pay your fines for equipment-caused false alarms
- Lifetime warranty – parts and labor
- Technical assistance line 24 hours a day
- Automatic test signals to Central Station at least weekly
- A Local, UL listed Central Station owned and operated by your installation company and open for your inspection
If an alarm company is trying to sell you an alarm system and can’t or won’t immediately embrace these 13 points, and provide documentation to show how their company performs in each of these areas, then they are not at the top level of security system design or customer service
Washington Alarm recognizes that every home and family is unique, with different security needs. We don’t sell “one size fits all” prepackaged alarm systems. Each Washington Alarm Security system, as well as the associated monitoring, maintenance, and reporting options are specifically designed to best achieve our subscriber’s desired results. To arrange an on-site meeting with one of our Security, Intercom, CCTV or Fire Alarm System Design Consultants, please call or email us today!
Go Wireless Today!
Many subscribers are saving money by discontinuing their phone-lines and going with wireless technology. We have many packages designed to fit your budget.