Tips for Securing Your Home on Vacation
Some tips published by the Lynnwood Police Department for keeping you safer while you’re away on vacation:
- Don’t publicize your trip until after you return (ex: Facebook etc.).
- Don’t leave large amounts of cash or jewelry in your home. Consider a safe deposit box.
- Let the local Police Department know you’ll be gone – some offer free vacation house checks.
- Consider using a trusted friend or relative as a house sitter while you’re gone.
- Unplug all appliances except the refrigerator and freezer. If gone for an extended period of time, turn off power to the hot water tank and washing machine.
- Leave a description of your car, license number, and itenerary with a trusted close neighbor.
- Check all windows and doors to be sure they’re all shut and locked.
- Make arrangements for all newspapers and other packages to be picked up or stopped.
- Have someone rearrange drapes, lights, and pick up debris in the yard.
- Consider having a neighbor park their car in your driveway.
Leave a Reply
Go Wireless Today!
Many subscribers are saving money by discontinuing their phone-lines and going with wireless technology. We have many packages designed to fit your budget.